Steps to take during a flood!!!
The extend of water damage can depend on how quickly you handle the situation. The steps you take in the first few minutes of can change the scope of damage drastically. Here are a few steps you should take in the event you find your business in crisis.
- Stop the water at the main valve. If there is a substantial amount of water also turn off electrical (if it is safe).
- Call your insurance company and file a claim, then give your local SERVPRO of Tacoma a call.
- Asses the water damage and take photos before
- Remove any irreplaceable items around your business.
- Mop up any standing water or use a floor squeegee to move it towards a door.
These steps can help manage the situation until technicians show up and can get started.