If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (253) 896-3000

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

The Dangers of Carbon Monoxide

6/15/2022 (Permalink)

Staying safe from Carbon Monoxide is so important. Carbon Monoxide is a clear odorless gas that can result badly if inhaled. Knowing what to do if you suspect it, how to prevent it and knowing symptoms of monoxide poisoning can really help. If you suspect a leak IMMEDIATELY move to fresh air. Here is a list of symptoms caused by poisoning:

  • A dull headache
  • Weakness/Dizziness
  • Nauseous/Vomiting
  • Shortness of breath
  • Confusion
  • Blurred vision
  • Loss of conscious ness

Below are some tips to you keep you and your family safe from Carbon Monoxide poisoning.

  1. Never use gas range or oven to heat a home
  2. Never leave a running vehicle in an enclosed or even partially closed area.
  3. Never use any gas-powered engine inside your home, basement, or garage.
  4. When using a generator, use a battery powered detector in your home

Us at SERVPRO of Tacoma like to help keep our customers a little safer and informed. If you have any more questions or concerns. Visit https://www.cdc.gov/co/default.htm

Other News

View Recent Posts