The dangers of dryer lint
Dryer lint can be dangerous when it builds up in your vent. It’s a highly combustible material that may accumulate in your vent and in your dryer. Not only does it affect your dryer’s ability to perform but also can cause serious fire hazards. There are a few signs to pay attention for such as:
- Clothes take longer to dry.
- The laundry room seems like it has more moisture build up (Condensation).
- A musty smell
There are a few ways to help prevent dryer vent fires, such as:
- Clean out lint screen (after every load).
- opt for solid metal dryer duct.
- Read labels on your dryer for proper cleaning.
- Avoid placing flammable liquids near your dryer.
- Pay attention to clothing to keep up with dryer maintenance.
I hope these tips and information help keep you informed about dryer vents so you can make your home a little safer. Here at SERVPRO of Tacoma, we try to help our customers the best we can. If, however, you get into the sooty situation of a dryer vent fire, call us SERVPRO of Tacoma, the company you know you can trust at 253-896-3000.