Don’t let Smokey and the Bandit compromise your HVAC!
With the recent wildfires in Washington, Oregon, and California we have experienced some amazing sunsets but we’ve also been engulfed in poor air quality for more days than your HVAC is used to.
Each time one of your valued customers walks in the door, or your team leaves and enters the office, pollutants from the wildfire smoke have the opportunity to enter your facility and infiltrate your HVAC system.
Smoke is naturally attracted to metal surfaces and is corrosive in nature. As the smoke particulates enter your facility and travel to the air ducts, they cling to the steel and absorb into the debris within the air duct system. Even if the heating and ventilation system is not in use, there is a natural or passive air movement throughout the ventilation system.
A thorough air duct cleaning is recommended at least once per year. This helps combat allergies, assists your employees by helping them breathe better and increase productivity.
Inspecting the ductwork in your facility should be a high priority and is recommended at least once per year. In most cases, the HVAC system has been operating for some time without much attention. Dirty ducts can circulate odors, contaminants such as mold, and irritating dust throughout your building.
A routine part of our service here at SERVPRO® of Tacoma is inspecting the heating, ventilation and air conditioning unit (HVAC). Keeping the HVAC and ductwork clean can potentially extend the life span of the equipment by allowing it to operate at peak condition, which may help save you money. For your valued employees, this helps combat allergies, helps them breathe better and increase productivity. Duct cleaning may not always be necessary. Our certified technicians will inspect your HVAC system and ductwork and make recommendations about the best way to address any indoor air quality concerns. This inspection can help save you money and provide peace of mind on the health of your HVAC system and ductwork.
The SERVPRO® Duct Cleaning System is proven and cost efficient. Unlike most duct cleaning services, we use a portable ventilation and air duct cleaning system to examine ductwork and make a clean sweep, removing years of dust and grime.
- The process begins by using patented equipment including a roto-scraper, which automatically adapts to the duct’s shape and diameter while traveling through the duct, removing debris and filth before vacuuming begins.
- Next, a powerful push-pull air delivery and collection system transfers the debris from the ducting to a 16-gallon container.
- Air is filtered through a HEPA filtration system, removing 99.97 percent of the particles in the airstream. HEPA filters capture debris and keep the indoor environment clean.
- As an optional process, a sealant or coating product may be sprayed to address odor or microbial concerns.
- Filters will either be cleaned or replaced to remove odor and dirt.
For more information on duct cleaning, Air Quality Testing. or to schedule an appointment, contact SERVPRO® of Tacoma at (253) 896-3000.