Flattening the curve one job at a time
If you want to have your home or workplace sanitized thoroughly, call SERVPRO of Tacoma!
As many states begin to reopen, we all have feelings of uncertainty going into spaces we used to not think twice about. The grocery store, a coffee shop, your own work desk are all spaces that we used to frequent. At SERVPRO of Tacoma we are offering our disinfectant services to places of businesses, so employees and customers feel safe in your place of business. In Washington, we have a responsibility to take care of our fellow neighbors.
Practicing preventative cleaning for reopening is essential. When SERVPRO of Tacoma enters your home or business, we are able to disinfect your entire area with EPA approved products. As we look toward the reopening date, we want to ensure your business is prepared to act and your home is sanitized to guarantee safety.
We are providing disinfecting services for COVID-19 as well as general detailed cleanings for unoccupied homes collecting dust.
Our Disinfectant services include:
- Through cleaning of effected areas with disinfectants approved by the EPA
- Approved Hospital Grade disinfectant. Our cleaners are usable on any surface and is safe.
- Surface wiping of critical contact areas. Fixtures, keyboards, phones, door handles, certain contents within the affected area are hand wiped. A 5-10 minute dwell time should be allowed post wipe down. Walls up to a height of approximately 5’ throughout traffic areas.
- Technicians will always wear masks and gloves. If needed, overalls will also be worn.
Since many homes and offices have been vacant for some time, we also offer a detailed floor to ceiling deep cleaning, from base molding to crown molding including: content manipulation, carpets and upholstered furniture if needed. We will clean every square foot leaving your home or office in the highest condition.
SERVPRO of Tacoma is dedicated to help flatten the curve and insure your safety so you can spend more time focusing on the important things in life. If you have any questions, feel free to call us here at SERVPRO of Tacoma, 253-896-3000.
Candle safety tips to prevent fires
Two SERVPRO employees removing smoke residue from a home
Us here at SERVPRO of Tacoma have complied a list of important tips to help you understand how dangerous candles can be and how to use the safely.
- 38% of home candle fires start in bedrooms and cause 35% of associated deaths.
- More than 50% of all candle home fires start because the candle was too close to a a flammable item (I.E. mattresses, bedding, curtains, cabinetry, or furniture are ignited).
- In 12% of home candle fires and in 25% of associated deaths and injuries, the household occupants were asleep when the fire occurred.
- Unsupervised children are involved in 20% of home candle fires.
- Having a working smoke alarm reduces one’s chances of dying in a fire by nearly 50%.
- 11% of home fires are caused by falling asleep while a candle is lit
- 58% of home fires started when something flammable was too close to the lit candle
- 36% of home fires start in the bedroom
- Remember that lit candles are fire. Keep them at least 12 inches from anything that can burn, such as curtains, bedding, mattresses, paper, books, flammable decorations, clothing, and upholstered furniture.
- Never leave a room or go to sleep before blowing out all lit candles.
- Use candle holders that are sturdy and won’t tip over easily. Candle holders that are made from a material that cannot burn, and are large enough to collect dripping wax would also be a good idea.
- Place candles where they cannot be reached or knocked over by pets or children.
- During an emergency, always use flashlights instead of candles as light sources.
- Never leave a child unattended in a room with a candle. Additionally, keep all matches and lighters out of reach of children.
- Keep all lit candles and any other open flames away from flammable liquids.
In the worse case scenario of a home fire, SERVPRO of Tacoma is here to help. We can clean your content and home, demo effected areas and eliminate smoke odor from your home. Feel free to call us at 253-896-3000 for more information!
A Higher Standard of Clean—Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
SERVPRO of Tacoma (253) 896-3000
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
Fire and Your Belongings
When fire strikes in your home, only SERVPRO of UP/LW strikes faster!
When SERVPRO of University Place/Lakewood West responds to a house fire, we explain our processes and let you know what we are doing and how long it will take to get their house cleaned and back to normal, every step of the way.
But what about your belongings? Really anything that you own, here at SERVPRO of UP/LW we are totally equipped and capable of cleaning it and making it look "Like it never even happened." From electronics to leathers, from pictures to a motorcycle, we have seen literally everything there is to clean, and we have probably cleaned it.
With years of experience and thousands of jobs, properly restoring your families' belongings will be forefront in our minds and our mission. We thoroughly inspect each item to determine the damage. If it is determined to be salvageable, we will identify the type of cleaning and deodorization method to utilize. With each step of the process thoroughly documented with pictures, diligent notes, or both, we treat your belongings like they were ours, and it shows in our attention and care.
SERVPRO of University Place/Lakewood West has served thousands of families in your community, which is no wonder we are the most trusted restoration company in the area! Call us at (253)-896-3000 to learn more about how we make it "Like it never even happened."
What you should and should NOT do in the event of a water damage
Make sure you know what to do if this happens to you!
These DO's and DON'TS Emergency Tips for water damage will assist you in taking quick proper action to help you reduce damage and increase the chances of successful restoration before help arrives.
- Shut off the source of water if possible or contact a qualified party to stop the water source.
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building when access to the power distribution panel is safe from electrical shock.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Enter rooms with standing water where electrical shock hazards may occur.
- Enter affected areas if electrical outlets, switches, circuit breakers or electrical equipment are exposed to water. Always avoid electrical shock hazards.
- Leave books, newspapers, magazines or other colored items on wet carpets or floors as this may cause staining.
Contaminated Water-Gray, Black or Sewage
- Avoid all contact with sewage and items contaminated by sewage.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after contact with contaminated items.
- Spread contaminated water by walking unnecessarily on damaged or wet areas.
- Turn on the HVAC system if there is a possibility of spreading contaminated air.
- Use household fans to dry the structure and spread contaminants.
- Use products for personal hygiene and cleanliness if exposed to the contaminated area.
In the event of a flood, make sure to call SERVPRO of Tacoma to restore your home or business back to normal. Contact us at 253-896-3000.
The SERVPRO Advantage
Theres no one better then SERVPRO!
Since its founding in 1967 SERVPRO has expanded to over 1,700 locations across the United States and Canada. Since then, SERVPRO has also greatly expanded the array of services we offer. Since those services range from carpet cleaning and deodorization to large scale disaster recovery and with SERVPRO’s 1,700+ locations our collective knowledge and experience are one of the greatest assets SERVPRO has and we know how to use it. SERVPRO locations provide all kinds of support to each other ranging from equipment to people-power and technical advice. Sometimes we might run into an issue that we have not encountered before or possibly elements to a job that prevents our normal methods for jobs. This is when we have been able to rely on the knowledge base which our corporate office and other SERVPRO’s have accumulated. It does not matter what emergency you are facing. From Water Mitigation, Fire Restoration, or Mold Remediation. SERVPRO has the team and backing to handle it all. We are known for taking care of big problems and disasters, but we also are adept at helping people with issues you normally may not know the solution too. If you have an emergency which makes you think “I don’t even know who does this”, try giving us a call at 253-896-3000.
Call the Clean up Team that is Faster to Any Size Disaster
Be ready for the worst, with the very best!
The first 48 hours after a Water damage can make the difference between restoring versus replacing damaged property and personal belongings. Rapid response and timely mitigation can help prevent water damage from creating long-term problems.
SERVPRO of Tacoma understands that returning to normal is your primary concern. SERVPRO response team employees are trained in caring for both you and your property. By responding quickly with a full line of water cleanup and restoration services, SERVPRO of Tacoma can help you get your home or business back up and running quickly and help protect your property and belongings.
If your home or business suffers water damage, contact SERVPRO of Tacoma to help make it "Like it never even happened."
When fire or water damage puts the things that matter most to you on the lines, you need the very best help on the line, as well. That’s why knowing the easiest ways to connect to your local franchise is so important. Just go to SERVPROtacoma.com or call 253-896-3000. We are a leader in giving control back to the homeowners, property managers, and even entire communities after the ravaging effects of water or fire. So whether you are responsible for 1,000 square feet or 100,000--be ready for the worst, with the very best.
What to do during a power outage
Make sure you are prepared for a scenario like this!
With the spring and summer season comes a higher chance of thunderstorms and high winds. Due to the high abundance of trees in our area, there are many outages caused by fallen trees as well. If you do not have a home generator then it could be a very strenuous time going through a power outage. Here are a few tips to help get through a power outage safely.
- Limit the opening of refrigerators and freezers unless necessary
- Do not use gas stoves to heat home, this can be a very dangerous method. Instead wear layers and use blankets when possible.
- Disconnect appliances to avoid damage from electrical surges
- If possible, leave to a different location to get heating or cooling
- Make sure you have necessary supplies on hand, such as batteries, flashlights, matches, etc.
These are just a few tips to follow during a power outage. For more information go to Ready.gov. SERVPRO of Tacoma is always here to help.
How you can prevent mold from rotting your home
Prevent mold from sprouting before this happens!!
Mold can grow almost anywhere, and your home is no exception. Here a few simple tips to help protect your home and stop mold growth before it starts.
- Monitor humidity indoors: The EPA recommends between 30-60% humidity indoors to bring the chances of mold growth to a minimum.
- Direct water away from the house: The ground around the home should be sloped away from the house to prevent water from leaking in.
- Improve air flow inside: A fan of air condition can help keep the air circulating, reducing the chance of high humidity and lowers temperatures.
- Fix leaks: Regularly check on plumbing and appliances to insure there are no leaks undetected. Also check roof and gutters to make sure they are not leaking as well.
If you do find yourself with a mold problem, SERVPRO of Tacoma can clean up and repair your home with easy. For more information or if you discover mold, contact us at (253)-896-3000
Rely On SERVPRO For Your Sewage Cleanup
Call us at 253-896-3000 for your sewage cleanup needs
Be sure you call SERVPRO of Tacoma for all residential or commercial sewage backups.
Cleaning Sewage Yourself Is Not A Smart Decision
In this day in age, you can find anything you're looking for online. A quick search will yield thousands of websites that show how to clean sewage and dirty water at home by yourself. Every article has the same info and the same few steps. It consists of putting on gloves, removing the solid waste, using bleach on the area, and letting it dry out. You may be tempted to go this route, to save both time and money. But if you try this, it could lead to you spending more time and money down the road if you don't call a professional company in. your good intentions can cause many future problems.
Time And Money
If you clean up the mess on your own, it may appear that the issue is taken care of. You can't see or smell anything, so you are satisfied. But the water component of the sewage may have soaked into your walls and flooring. Over time, this can cause warping, discoloration, and foul odors to develop. If this happens, you will need to spend more time and money to fix the problem the right way.
Not to mention the high risk to your personal health if you are dealing with raw sewage. Encountering the contaminated matter will expose you to harmful bacteria. When it dries, the same harmful particles will become airborne, which can cause health issues.
If you have a sewage leak or backup, call SERVPRO of Tacoma immediately. We will respond quickly to extract the hazardous water and solids, as well as make sure that no harmful material remains afterwards.