Recent Commercial Posts
Are Your Ducts in Order?
For more information on duct cleaning, or to schedule an appointment, contact SERVPRO® of Tacoma at (253) 896-3000.
Did you know, your ventilation system is often the biggest culprit in poor indoor air quality? Inspecting the ductwork in your facility or home should be a high priority. In most cases, the HVAC system has been operating for some time without much attention. Dirty ducts can circulate odors, contaminants such as mold, and irritating dust throughout your building or home.
A routine part of our service here at SERVPRO® of Tacoma is inspecting the heating, ventilation and air conditioning unit (HVAC). Keeping the HVAC and ductwork clean can potentially extend the life span of the equipment by allowing it to operate at peak condition, which may help save you money. Duct cleaning may not always be necessary. Our certified technicians will inspect your HVAC system and ductwork and make recommendations about the best way to address any indoor air quality concerns. This inspection can help save you money and provide peace of mind on the health of your HVAC system and ductwork.
In some circumstances, such as after fire, smoke or suspected mold growth, duct cleaning becomes an essential part of the cleanup process. In these cases, your certified technician can often restore the HVAC system and ductwork to pre-damage condition.
If you have a fuel burning furnace, stove or fireplace, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recommends they be inspected for proper functioning and be serviced before each heating season to protect against carbon monoxide poisoning.
The SERVPRO® Duct Cleaning System is proven and cost efficient. Unlike most duct cleaning services, we use a portable ventilation and air duct cleaning system to examine ductwork and make a clean sweep, removing years of dust and grime.
- The process begins by using patented equipment including a roto-scraper, which automatically adapts to the duct’s shape and diameter while traveling through the duct, removing debris and filth before vacuuming begins.
- Next, a powerful push-pull air delivery and collection system transfers the debris from the ducting to a 16-gallon container.
- Air is filtered through a HEPA filtration system, removing 99.97 percent of the particles in the airstream. HEPA filters capture debris and keep the indoor environment clean.
- As an optional process, a sealant or coating product may be sprayed to address odor or microbial concerns.
- Filters will either be cleaned or replaced to remove odor and dirt.
For more information on duct cleaning, or to schedule an appointment, contact SERVPRO® of Tacoma at (253) 896-3000.
Commercial Property Summer Maintenance
In the case of water or fire damage in your home or business, call SERVPRO of Tacoma- 253-896-3000
Sunny weather is the best time to spruce up your commercial property, and in Washington State our window of dependable sunny weather isn’t as long as we would like it to be. Let’s go over a few maintenance tips that can help your Tacoma property.
- Clean your gutters and downspouts – pine needles, leaves and debris can build up gutters and clog downspouts over the fall and winter months. When the rainy season hits, the clogs will cause water to pool which may lead to water damage, including damp spots, mold growth, dry rot, and peeling paint.
- Get your roof inspected – getting your roof inspected once a year is one of the best ways to prevent roof leaks. If you notice any loose tiles or shingles call a roofing company for repairs.
- Wash off your property’s exterior – the wet Washington weather can bring in dirt and moss to the exterior of your building. With a pressure washer, you can easily remove, dirt, dust, grime, moss and the like from walls, fences, parking lots, driveways and sidewalks to maintain the outside of your property.
- Apply a fresh of coat of paint – this will boost curb appeal for your property. The paint will provide an resistant layer against the elements, and could reduce the need for major exterior repairs in the future.
- Clean up vegetation around the building – the summer months can be dry and the heat can make flames spread easily. Remove any excessively dry plants, and trim back bordering plants to avoid a preventable disaster.
CALL 8-1-1 BEFORE YOU DIG
Summer is here time to start those new garden beds, shrubs and trees to increase the curb appeal of your business. There are millions of miles of utility lines buried all over the world, hitting a line could not only cause an issue for you but your neighbors around you as well. So, before you dig don’t forget to call 811 (it’s FREE) a few days before you plan to start your project.
5 Steps to Safer Digging
- Pre-mark your dig site with white paint
- Call 8-1-1 or go online to (callbeforeyoudig.org) to submit a request.
- Wait the required time (normally 2 days)
- Respect the marks don’t move them or adjust them in anyway
- Dig with care, when getting close to markers it is best to use hand tools.
Please keep in mind this summer, when starting your projects don’t forget to call 8-1-1. You or someone who is around you could be injured, or lines could be damaged, this all becomes very costly. If you call before you did this can be avoided.
How is your Air Quality?
When we think of pollution we think of the air outside, when we should also consider how dirty the air is inside. Indoor Air Quality refers to the air quality in and around your home. When you try to control indoor pollutants you can help reduce your risk of illness. Air quality can have major effects on people of all ages but children, elderly, and people with preexisting conditions are at high risk.
Some major pollutants in homes are:
- Fuel burning appliances (gas stoves and heaters)
- Tobacco products
- Cleaning products
- Central heating and cooling systems if not correctly maintained
- Excess Moisture
Here are a couple options to help the air quality in your home or business:
- Source Control
- Improved Ventilation
- Air Cleaners
By doing just a few of these things you can reduce risk of illness in your home or business. If you or someone you know needs Air Quality Testing done call us here at SERVPRO of Tacoma at 253-896-3000 and we can point you in the direction of some one to help you with it.
Flooded Conference Room
Flooding and water damage events in Tacoma commercial properties are often complicated with many issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a larger event, we work swiftly to assess the damages and isolate the area. More often than not, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility. Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. When an emergency arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
Undiscovered Leaks in Your Business
Undiscovered leaks and moisture build-up can cause damage to the floors, walls and ceilings of your business, leading to soft dry wall, stained ceiling tiles and other more serious problems. Although the damage may go unnoticed for an extended period of time, proper cleanup is vital to the restoration of your property and equipment.
Follow these maintenance tips to avoid a water damage event in your place of business.
- Inspect ceiling tiles regularly for discoloration or leaks. This could be a sign of leaks in the HVAC unit or piping.
- Check water lines in coffee makers, refrigerators, and water filtration systems for kinks or leaks, annually.
- Remove standing water with a mop and seek professional assistance for complete drying and restoration.
If you suspect water damage, SERVPRO of Tacoma use the latest technology to locate and detect even the smallest amounts of moisture in a home or business. After locating the water damage, our technicians are trained in water extraction and drying to help you get back in business. Contact us to help you protect your business from further damage due to water. 253-896-3000.
Commercial Fire Damage
A fire damage in a business can be stressful for the owner, property manager, employees and tenants. Property damage, equipment damage, document loss and temporary business closure are just some of the concerns you may experience. Timely response and thorough mitigation can alleviate these concerns.
The first 24 hours can make the difference between restoring verses replacing your business property and belongings. Our 1-4-8 Service Response Guidelines can help prevent fire damage from creating long-term problems.
We provide timely response with mitigation services ranging from fire, smoke and soot removal to contents claims inventory and document restoration. These services ensure your property and belongings are restored to preloss condition when possible while providing security in knowing normal business functions can resume in a timely manner.
What you can do until help arrives:
- Limit movement in the facility to prevent soot particles from spreading and additional damage from occurring.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs and high traffic areas
- Coat chrome faucets, trim and appliances with petroleum jelly or oil
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between office furniture legs and wet carpet
- Wash any walls or painted surfaces
- Shampoo carpet or upholstery
- Clean any electrical equipment
- Send clothing to dry cleaner since improper cleaning may set smoke odor
SERVPRO of Tacoma understands returning to normal business operations is your primary concern. Our specialists are trained in caring for both you and your business. By responding quickly with a full line of fire cleanup and restoration services, we can help you return to business quickly and help protect your facility and belongings.
Before you risk doing further damage by attempting to clean up the damage yourself, call SERVPRO of Tacoma, the fire damage cleanup and restoration professionals at 253-896-3000.
Fire Damage and Your Business
Fire damage to your place of business? Call us today!
The leading causes of fire in a business includes cooking equipment, electrical, and heating units. No matter how the fire started, a feeling of concern about business closures, employee safety and equipment replacement seems to follow. After calling the Fire Department to put out the fire, who do you call to clean up the damage cause by the fire?
To you, it’s more than just a business- it’s your livelihood. Business closures due to a fire damage don’t just affect the business owner. It affects the employees, their families and the community. SERVPRO of Tacoma professionals understand the feelings of frustration and overwhelming concern related to handling fire damage. Their priority is to help you regain control and get your doors open again. Within eight business hours of arriving at your facility, SERVPRO of Tacoma will discuss the extent of the damage and the steps we will take to help restore your building, equipment and furniture. Responding quickly to a fire damage can save your company money, reduce more extensive damage and shorten the length of down time.
Armed with industry-approved equipment and expertise, SERVPRO of Tacoma will make every effort to restore your business to preloss condition when possible. We use the latest equipment, products and processes to properly remove smoke, soot and fire damage from walls and flooring and restore furniture and equipment. We are available 24-hours a day, 365 days a year to help you get your business back in business.
SERVPRO of Tacoma specialists are trained in the cleanup and care of your business and equipment following the fire incident. Before attempting to clean up the fire damage, contact SERVPRO of Tacoma at 253-896-3000.
Prepare Your Business for Winter Weather
Prepare your business and your customers for winter by following these steps!
Cooler temperatures, morning frost, rain, and snow fall tell us winter has begun. Not only must we prepare for these change ourselves, it’s important to prepare our businesses as well. Water damage seem to occur at the most inconvenient times, as does the flu. Follow these steps to prepare your business for winter weather.
- Check your business property for downed tree limbs and branches. Weather, such as wind, heavy rain, ice, and snow, can cause branches to fall, which could cause damage to the property and potentially cause personal injuries.
- Inspect property, especially walkways and parking lots, for proper drainage to alleviate flood hazard potential.
- Inspect all handrails, stairwells, and entryways to address and correct potential slippery or hazardous area. Install mats or non-slip surfaces and post caution signs where water could be present.
- Help prevent the spread of flu germs. Businesses can depend on SERVPRO of Tacoma to clean and sanitize building materials, surfaces, and contents following restoration industry standards, using professional cleaning products and EPA-registered cleaners and disinfectants.
For all of your winter weather needs, SERVPRO of Tacoma is faster to any size disaster, bringing the latest equipment and training to help make your property damage “Like it never even happened.”
Restoring your Commercial Property after a Water damage Event
Flooding and water events affecting Tacoma commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable, quick, and flexible response. Whether we are dealing with a relatively small water cleanup or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
About SERVPRO of Tacoma
SERVPRO of Tacoma specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
If you find your business in need of water or fire restoration, please call the professionals at SERVPRO of Tacoma